Sunday, February 18, 2007

what makes a good blog?

According to the 5th week assignment sheet, we are supposed to be talking about what we think makes a good blog and what makes a good blog post.

What I find most important in good blogs and good blog posts seem to coincide a bit. I think it is very important for a blog to be visually pleasing. At the same time, a blog post should be visually pleasing as well. A blog should be organized well with a layout that suits the blogger. A post should have text broken up into small chunks.

I think it is very important for a blog post to have a good title. Quite often, I judge a blog by its title. If it sounds boring in the title, there is a good change that the blog itself is going to be dry and boring to read. A good blog post should please the blogger when done. If you are not happy with what you wrote, than what was the point?

A good blog is easy to navigate. A place to post comments is readily available. A good blog is not cluttered.
Everyone learns things differently and judges things according to their own beliefs. Since I am a visually learner and a visual person, I think that the look of a blog and a blog post is what is most important. Quite frankly, if it looks interesting and visually pleasing, I will take a second look at it.

No comments: